Tuesday, July 14, 2009

So, I guess we're heading on the house boat...

So D decides the other day that doing the houseboat trip this weekend would be fun. Sure, trying to coordinate our family of 7, his sisters family of 5, his other sister & father, Christine & her family (3), Benny, and Sky [Ray and Polly aren't coming, I know... can't you see my tears!? :) I'm such a stinker, I know... but sure, gathering up that many people and leaving on THURSDAY, like in 2 days Thursday, for oh...5 days should be a piece of cake, right? [that boy is going to be the death of me!].

This is SooOOoooOO Darryl. Spur of the moment, fly by the seat of his pants. Welcome to our world!

Chelcey gets home from the beach on Thursday (late), so she's going to spend the night with Carson, and then drive the 2.5hrs. to the lake on Friday with Christine & her family where we'll pick them up with the speed boat.

Jean & her family are driving in from OH (Cleveland) and *just* got back from Disneyland a few days ago. So, I know they will be exzausted! But, it's summer, right? Right!

D and his dad are most excited.... Darryl and his family use to do a houseboat trip every year as kids on Lake Powell, and it's always been something that he likes to pass onto our kids. This will be our 3rd year doing the houseboat and the girls look forward to every year. We didn't get to go last year because of the 2 hotels opening, and now that they are opening 2 other new hotels (September), we thought we better jump on it now before we miss out again. Me? I love it, too.... it's VERY peaceful and I love not even knowing what time it is, let alone what day it is. It gets a little stressful with getting all the stuff together (food, drinks, etc. etc), but overall it's very laid back. I overpack every time and this year? I'm packing nothing but swimming suits, PJ's, and 2 comfy outfits each... that's it! So, hopefully the packing spree will be fairly painless. I'll let ya know once it's done.. lol.

D, as ususal, worked his negotiating way into getting the houseboat for 1/2 price.. I don't know HOW he does it, but he *does* has his slick ways. We always go early September and get the fall rate (which is always half price), but because they are opening up 2 new hotels in September, we knew this would be the only time we'd be able to do it, so he told them he wanted the fall rates and after a few phone calls back and forth, they caved. :) Thatt'a boy!

So.. that's the plan, Stan. D is lining the fishing pools as we speak [priorities, don't ya know]. I don't think he'll get to do any tubing or swimming this year because of big scaggly toe. I told him however, that we could always wrap a plastic bag over his toe and he looked at me like I was crazy. Hey, I thought it was a decent idea.. but, what do I know?.

Men!

So, we're leaving on Thursday and we'll be back Monday evening.

No comments: