Friday, May 30, 2008

Is this week still going?

..man, it has been non-STOP over this way! First off, I can't beleive that it's been a week since I've posted an update (shows ya how swamped I've been!). Lots to share, and a TON of pictures will be coming your way over the weekend. But for now.. a short version of what's been shaking;

Sunday started off busy... church in the morining as ususal, and we went back that evening for the memorial day BBQ. had a grea time. Monday (thankfully) was pretty low key considering last week and this week, but we were still on the run most of the day. Tuesday was so busy that I honestly can't even remember what we did (and that's the truth!). We *did* go to the park after school, that I can tell ya :) but... the rest of it is just a blur! We've been on the go *all* week long, I'm so exzausted I would give anything to be able to go crawl back in bed [right now] and just sleep until my little hearts content- but, no can do! Weds. was Courtney's 5th grade celebration and it was sooooo absoutely touching! Susan put together THE BEST DVD for the event, I think everyone there was in tears. I am SO AMAZED at how much my little girl has evolved over the last few months. She amazes me every day with her changes. I went on and on about this with my Mom last night on the phone, and I felt kinda silly talking about it SO MUCH, but honestly- it has been so much fun to watch. She's went from this tom-boy, immature girl- trying to find her place, to transforming into this absoutely amazing person. Her smile lights up the room and she has so much charm and one of the biggest hearts that I know! I'm so proud of her! On the video, they interviewed each 5th grader, and they has to share what their favorite bible verse was, and what it meant to them. I am STILL in awe, of these children! What an absoulte AMAZING gift that they are leaving with from that school.... to have God in their hearts to help them through life. Courtney has now read the entire 1st testament twice now, and I'm so proud of all that she knows! But like Mrs. James had said at the program.... when they get to middle school next year, and beyond... they won't really remember the math, or the science, that they learned...... but they will always have Gods word in their heart to call upon to help them make the right choices and decisions in life. THAT IS SO VERY TRUE!....

Anyways.... after the celebration, Courtney, Aspen, and I (I pulled Aspen out early) all went with quite a few friends from school to Tumbleweed on the River (so pretty!) for lunch.. then we let a the girls play at waterfront park for a few hours while we just visted. They had a great time.... tons of pictures coming soon.

Yesterday was Savannah's kindergarden graduation.. oh, what a story from that one (lol).... I'll share this one later tonight... let's just say her hat and balloon flying out of the window was quite the scene.... more coming soon! Her graduation was so sweet... :( :( :( I almost cried (held back with ALL my might!) when we were saying goodbye to Mrs. Passifume :( she won't be there next year since the campus is cutting back on teachers (not enough enrollment at our campus since everyone is moving over to the big/new campus).... My family is going to miss her SO MUCH :(

Today is Addison's gradulation from Pre-school.... she's going to be a kindergarden next year.. :) It's SO hard to beleive. She is so excited.....

So.. today is their OFFICAL last day of school. It all seems a little too soon if you ask me... I'm still wondering where on earth the time went???? This year has honestly just FLOWN BY!!

Chelcey went to Kings Island [amusement park] yesterday with her friend and his parents... she had a good time. :) She went swimming the other day for the first time this year..... it was (finally) warm enough yesterday to do that. It just hasn't felt like summer yet.. spring, yes... but summer? Not complaining at all... Kentucky summers are the HORRIBLE with the humidity anyways...

D has a big meeting today at 5pm, 3 guys coming down to either "ink the deal" with doing a joint venture with the 40 hotels, or well... not. D wasn't too impressed with their last proposal, so.. we'll see what happens tonight. It's a HUGE oppourtinity which would enable them to grow the hotel side overnight and bring on about 14 more employees, but.... if it doesn't make fiancial sense... well, that speaks in itself. So.. we'll see what happens. I have to go over the office here in about 30min (ugh!) to help them clean..... so, I'll head over there, go pick the girlies up from school at 11:45 (why they even go today is weird, but... what can ya do? :) LOL).. then, out to ice cream and off to get Addi a new pair of white shoes for this afternoon. Then BACK to the school at 3:15pm for the graduation and reception... then, Courtney has a BBQ at Emily's tonight at 5pm [the whole 5th grade class], so.. it will be another day in the car for the majority of my day.... I think I've spend more time in my CAR this week then I have in my bed (lol).

Ok.. I'm outta here.. need to go work miracles (lol). Oh, we're heading to MO next friday for my cousins wedding..... I was for some reason thinking it was in 2wks, then I discovered (thank, Mom!) :) that it's actually next weekend. I'm so excited for him :) :) Awh, little Josh is getting married.... :) :) :) Can't wait! Okay... need to go... pictures and "Savannah" story coming later! See ya....

No comments: