Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Craft Studio

As I mentioned a few days ago, I recently locked myself in my craft room and made sure that I wasn't leaving until I finally figured out where everything in that room was going to go. We moved into our new home back in October and this room has only been simi put together. I've moved things around a million times, but still never finding the best placement for everything. Then, I just kind of kept it the way that I left it, which worked, but it just wasn't visually pleasing. picky, picky, picky!

After I scored the yellow hutch off of Craiglist, the hutch basically just sat in the room, blocking my shelving unit. It stayed that way for about 3wks. Finally, motivation found me and sister was able to stay focused long enough to see it thru. Can I get an Amen? :) I moved things around that day in every way possible. I spent 4hrs. on that room until it finally clicked! I thought I had the right placement. It felt right, but it appeared so cluttered and the room so small, which it's not. Then finally it hit me. This crazy idea came in my head, I moved everything one last time and voila! I swear I heard angels singing. It only took months & months, but by golly.... it's done. Well, almost done. I still have to hang a few things and do a better job of organizing the things in my shelving unit, add things here & there, but by golly... we're much closer than we were before, and that's called progress, people... beautiful-beautiful progress. :)

I'm thinking curtains similar to these would look amazing in there....

Of course though, I will be attempting to make them verses buying them. Have you seen the price tag on these suckers? So, this would be a great summer project because man oh man, I'm sure I'll need (a lot) of time & practice to attempt these bad boys. I'm excited though, I mean, they can't be that hard, um.. can they? Shhh...

Okay, moving on.

I'm also eyeing this beauty of a rug that would look oh so perfect. It fits my theme and it just makes my heart go pitter patter. It's on my "dreamy-things-to-buy" list. It's more pricey than I could ever justify buying, because you know sister don't play like that, but this just may be the one purchase that I have to splurge on. If anyone see's a knock-off of this, hit this chick UP!

Now, onto the room. It's still messy, and not everything is in its place, but... work with me, people! :) Here we go....

This is the left side of the room once you walk through the door from the basement family room.


This is the little table that I gave new life to. :)

Here's a view of the same side of the room standing from the back.

Closeup of hutch... ah, beautiful little mini dressform canvas, oh, how I love you so.

This is the view from the door going outside, next to the chairs in picture #1.




This one came out dark, but this is the view looking in from the hallway door.




I'm obsessed with dressforms, but when I found this one.... ah, stole my heart right away.






Portion of my messy art table. I really like the feel of a boutique store with all my supplies, that's why I have 2 hutches in this room. I store all my supplies in baskets or easily moveable containers so that when I'm working on a project, I can just grab the basket of things that I need, and it's easy pick-up, too. Here's a shot of the table during a project :)

This is my inspiration board which will be mounted to the wall, centered over my table. Just gotta get hubby to hang that puppy. :)

... more to come. I'll share all the little details, and all the little things that I didn't take pictures of, next time. So... stay tuned. This room is a work in progress, but it's my happy place & I'm excited I finally got to share it with you.

No comments: