Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Thankful.


Ah, it feels good to know that I allowed my Heavenly Father to guide me and because of that, things are falling back in place for me. Peace. Contentment. Productivity. Forgiveness. Thankful for His voice, thankful for that small, still whisper.

The day after I wrote my last post, my Pandora selection turned to my Christian Rock station, then to my Kari Jobe station, where it has stayed. I’ve been playing it all day long, reminded of that amazing love He offers, and my heart stays in an attitude of worship…which then always brings me to a place of peace. so thankful.

It had been over a month and a half that we hadn’t attended our normal Weds. Night service at church. But this past week, I announced to the family we were going, and for once… out of all 5 of them, not one complained. Service was (amazing)…. Worship was intense.. so so intense, and it felt so good to hear the word mid-week. And, ironically.. the word was exactly what was needed to be heard, amazing how God plans that.


I’ve been spending less and less time on the computer or my phone, and more on the things that need my focus the most… God, my home, my family, and the “Chrystal fluff” stuff that makes me happy. I’ve learned this before, that when these things get the best of my attention, I feel that fulfillment & that I am where I am suppose to be. These aren’t just silly words to take up space, this is so true for me.

Today, I could could have chosen to run around all day, doing the things that I usually do. But, my day started off in prayer… I got the girls to school, came home & prayed some more, busted out some laundry, plopped in a yummy-smelly apple & bacon pork loin for dinner tonight, have the potato’s going, enjoyed a shower :) (hey, that’s always a good thing), and have cleaned around the house. I am such a good place right now…. The little things sure do add up to the big things, and to know that I realize what those little but big things are & what they do to this heart of mine? Priceless.

Today the girls started back to school, yes… all 4 of them. And tonight, 3 of them start their first dance class and they were so pumped they could hardly contain themselves this morning. But, I’ll save that for my next post. :) Lots of family updates coming your way… just feeling thankful right now to know I heard His voice, and I’m walking in the right direction. I know some of this doesn’t make sense to some of you, but that’s okay. I just want to share my personal growth, journey, God’s leading on my blog because aside from all the “fluff” stuff that makes life so beautiful in-between… the learning, the growing, the leading….. that's the most important stuff.

The trees in my backyard have started turning yellow, oh.. that beautiful shade of yellow. Fall is my favorite time of year and I’m SO SO excited it’s so close! :)

Stay tuned. A Fluffy post is coming soon.

No comments: