Wednesday, April 16, 2008

THIS is how my children entertain themselves...

Okay, so I should just be thankful that they play with one another, right? Right... however, their wacked out sense of entertainment is just, well... WACKED OUT! So, the 3 little ones were playing out back. My sinus' are acting up HORRIBLY right now [throbbing headache- probally from this day of mine], so I kept popping out on the deck to check on them (I was sitting at the table and I can see them playing). Well, I look out and don't see them so I go out on the deck, to look over and see this window screen (which was previously in the trash can out back that D uses for the tile trash [yes, he's STILL finsihing that job up in our basement shower]), and the screen was placed over the trashcan lid with, what I could see, full of grass. I asked my dear children "What are you guys playing?".. and they inform me that they are playing with a dead RAT that Saddie had brought up from the field. {their version of rat is a nasty little mouse rodent- *gag*) and Aspen pipes up "Sissy touched it! Sissy touched it! I didn't touch it!"... and I go into this whole disortation of WHY we don't play with gross, dead mice [they corrected me, 'It's not a mouse, it's a rat") Oh, okay.. then RAT.. we don't TOUCH, nor do we PLAY with dead RATS. As sissy was walking up our stairs to come SCRUB her hands until they are raw (ugh-hem), she informs me, "Yeah, but Addi picked him up and petted him, too!".. Oh. My. Goodness. Did my children seem to forget that we have a CAT to pet? That we don't NEED to touch nasty [cringe] dead critters... So, Addi and Sis scrubbed their hands what seemed like forever, and Aspen soon after joined them (JUST to be on the safe side!).... I tried to get a picture of the nasty thing for YOUR entertainment (hey, someone's gotta enjoy moments like these).. in case you can't make it out, the little dead rat guy is in the upper left hand corner. Hey, at least they gave the thing lots of green grass to make his new home comfy, right?...
Photobucket

Then, my children went upstairs to play. Oh, after 15min. later, they are screaming, in a non-fighting way- pure excitement (which seemed odd to me, ya know).. so, I had to check things out. I go upstairs (camera in hand, mind you, because you never know what you're going to stubble across in this house of madness), and find THIS:

Photobucket

Photobucket

The girls decided to pull everything out of their toybox [awh, the memories of them doing this when they were 1, 2, and 3- guess some things never change, huh? :)) and planted it all right there on the floor! Yes, whatta mess...... I have yet to go back up there (they are now down here) so they better hope they cleaned it up.

Savannah found some crazy hat-like-thingie.... she looks scared, but I promise you :) they weren't in trouble in the least bit. They are kids, and hey- as long as they pick it up- I really don't care (lol). It's par for the course around this house.
Photobucket

This, would be me after a VERY crazy day....
Photobucket

These are the dogwood trees in the backyard that are KILLING my sinus' today. They are prettier in person, but.. you get the idea. We also have a pink/kinda mauve looking tree directly behind out house, too... pretty but man, KILLS my head and throat!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

This little fatty bird keeps coming around our house- I wonder if it's just eating a lot or if she's going to have babies? :) Tried to get a shot of it through the window....
Photobucket

This is Chewie, Aspen's favorite Chuwa-wa dog (don't laugh at my spelling, I have NO idea how to spell that darn word- lol).... she loves him (he's actually a purse but she took the straps off) :).... I got her Chewie for her birthday.....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yes, he loved to model for us :) (Aspen thinks I've totally lost it, taking so many pictures but hey- what can ya do? :) LOL)....

Aspen drew this princess on Monday and wanted to share :) She is SUCH a great little Artist.. she's all the time doing something creative with paper :) MY kind of gal :) :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Courtney and Chelc had Youth tonight at Church, and Carson went with them. I'm so excited :) She went to church with us on Sunday and really enjoyed it and when Chelc asked her to go to Youth Group tonight, she was really excited about going :) SUCH a good thing.....

Big blow up between D and Ray today...[his brother who I can't stand]. So, that got really heated and added to the fun of this day. Oh joy!!!!....

I *did* get to the post office though and mailed off about 15 packages. We had to use one of their "carts on wheels" we had so much going out :) $147 later, but they are ALL mailed (shew!)... I've been selling a lot of my magazines on ebay and I'm just happy to see them GETTING OUT OF MY GARAGE. Everytime I flip through one as I'm packaging it, I really miss it.... such a huge creative outlet for me, but man- I woudln't want that stress back for anything. Maybe one day I can explore it again... next time, I'll make sure I can hire a STAFF.

Ok.. need to get off of here. Girls need to get to bed (9pm, already.....) but still waiting for the older girls to get home (D went to go get them, should be home any minute).....

OH.. almost forgot! My neice Stacia called tonight to share that SHE'S HAVING A BOY! We are going to be so tickled to finally have a *BOY* in the family. My parents have 6 granddaughters, so it will be nice to finally add a boy into the mix. I'll be a GREAT AUNT. Doesn't that sound OLD?..... [hey, I *am* pretty great though, doncha think? :)]

Anyways.. lets hope tommorow is a better day. Savannah asked to play on Webkinz tonight and I had to laugh. I explained to her that she's grounded for a week (no computer) because of her behavior this morning. She said "Oh, is that a long time?".... KIDS! See ya.

No comments: