Thursday, July 17, 2008

3 Sick Kids....

Man, there's nothing worse than when you have children stuck in a hotel room and they are SICK. It started yesterday.. Sissy woke up with a really bad headache and said that her tummy hurt. She had polished off more hersey kisses than humanly possible the night before, so I just chalked it up to her eating too much junk [which is typical Savananh] and well, because we are all really senstive when it comes to Sinus'- I thought her headache was because of the hotel room (she slept right next to the AC vent which makes ME wake up w/ a headache every morning). So, I gave her some motrin and thought that would do! We went swimming later that night (around 6pm) and she was fine. Aspen kept complaining that her little back hurt and how her head hurt. Her and Courtney were rough playing earlier so I figured maybe they just played too hard with one another. Nope! After we ate dinner in the conference center and came back up to the room, Aspen was crying like it was really hurting her. Then she said that her tummy also hurt. So, dosed her up with some motrin and hoped for the best. Sissy was burning up, Aspen was burning up but thankfully, Addi was okay. They were sleeping but kept waking up in pain. Sissy woke up around 3am saying her tummy hurt really bad, so I put her in bed with D and I. I felt her head and OMG, she was BURNING up. Her little heart was racing and felt like it was going to come right out of her chest, so I put her in the bathtub in hopes to bring it down. I no more got her in there and she said she felt like she had to throw up [great....] so- after that happened, she stayed in the tub for about 30min. and it helped bring down the temp, but not all the way. She slept with me with a cool washcloth on her head and thankfully, no more puking. Aspen kept waking up saying her head hurt and her back.... she woke up this morning and was really warm- so, dosed her up wtih more motrin and put a cool wash cloth on her head which seemed to help. When Addi woke up, she was warm and said her belly hurt. SO... needless to say, it's been fun! Aspen and Addi are feeling better- still a little warm, but not too bad. They are up moving around, so I'm praying that's it for them. Sis is still in bed with a washcloth on her head and her little heart is still racing [which is common when they run a fever, but even still... it's scarey, ya know?]. She hasn't thrown up again and seems to be "ok".. just laying pretty still. She said she feels better- her temp is still simi-high, but not near as bad as last night. So... I'm on "Mom Watch Duty" and if her temp doesn't come down after this dose of motrin and another cool bath, we're off to find an urgent care just to be on the safe side. Sounds like a viral thing, which more than likely we'll just have to let it run its corse, but man.. now I'm just waiting it out. I wonder if they caught something from the pool? Who knows.... hopefully they get over it soon, poor things! And.. I pray that Chelc and Court OR D and I don't come down with it. My tummy is achy, so.... watch me not be so lucky.

So yesterday was absoutely crazy... I had to set up for the Managers Reception [this hotel is SO not self-efficent with the staff that they have.. it's pathetic, to be honest with you). Benny [who works w/ D and his family] really got underneath my skin- he messes everything up- screwed up the entire "plan" for presentation for the food and because of his mess up's [there were several, but I won't bore you with the details!] set us back about 15-20min. I ended up losing it on him... why D and his family let him come to property, I will NEVER understand. Professionalism is something that I don't bend on... it's a MUST in this industry, and Ben just "doesn't get it". He was wearing this tee shirt with this woman sitting naked in a freaking champiagn glass- DIRTY from working outside all day [he was cooking the hamb meat for the managers reception] and he kept going back and forth, in front of Guests, back to the kitchen area. The Hilton Inspector showed up yesterday afternoon, and food quality and presentation meant everything. None of the employees wear uniforms, so I had Laura call all the employees that were scheduled to work that evening as well as this morning to instruct them to wear black pants and white button down shirt. Anyways- stress was high because of the inspector just popping in and Benny doesn't know when to put on the "professional hat". He screams- he's loud- he's just a mess up. He just "doesn't get it". After going back and forth from the kitchen where Guest saw him, he bent his arm OVER a guest in front of the sterno's and reached his NASTY ass hands inside the tomato's and stuck them in his mouth. I was SOOOOOO absotuely embarrassed and beside myself! The 2 employees just looked at him like "OMG!".. The Guest looked like "holy crap!" and me? I grabbed his arm and said "Benny, it's time to go BACK to the kitchen (on the conference center side- OUT OF SIGHT) NOW!".. He and I had it out a few times, but I'm sorry--- everyone sees him as "from the corporate office" and what a joke! He has NO business being here... oh, the stories I could share....

Anyways.. our Pastor and his wife are on vacation so D set them up with free rooms at their property {Hilton Garden Inn} in Springfield, IL and here in Orland last night. So, the girls and I visited with them last night down at the pool area. He called us at like 9am this morning, the girls and I were all still sleeping from a long night, to tell us that they were leaving... needless to say, it woke everyone up and no one (except for Sissy) was able to get back to sleep. Oh well, it was nice of them to call to say goodbye.. just really tierd now. LOL...

D's father fell the day before yesterday.. he went on the boat with Ray and Sky (D's brother and nephew) and he has trouble getting around anyways- he almost fell last year with us on the boat and he hasn't been back on since. Well, we get a call in the midst of setting up the managers reception the day before (THAT was a day.. the day that the GM was let go and nothing was planned for that night- food wise- I mean seriously, dinner should be planned MONTHLY at a hotel, not "at the last minute" like at this property).. anyways, his dad fell and Ray took him to Urgent Care where they did exrays and everything turned out okay. However, he's in SOOOO Much pain. They perscribed him something really strong (which he NEVER takes stuff like that) because of his right kidney/lower back. Susan (D's sister who lives with him) was HERE, so he was home by himself and couldn't even move. So, Susan rushed back home to his yesterday (7hr drive). Ray was leaving for Colorado to take Sky (his son) back to his Mom, so there wasn't anyone there to take care of him. I talked to him for a long time yesterday and he seems to be doing "okay".. in a lot of pain and he said it literally takes him 30min. just to stand up. It's sad, too because he was FINALLY taking his trip to Texas to see his "friend" :) next week, but now he's going to have to postpone it. Poor guy.....

We are suppose to be leaving tommorow, but.. we'll see how the girls are doing. The last thing I will do is travel with sick kids.. it's not fair to them, KWIM? So.. we're going to play it by ear. D is with the inspector now, has been since 8am, and has a meeting in Merriville later this afternoon.. he was in meetings all day yesterday- non stop.... he's exzausted!

Okay... want to get this room picked up. We finally get our 2nd room back tonight (the adjoining room) so we can spread out. Good thing since I'm sure this room is germs galore. Once they [housekeepers] are done w/ that room, we need to move over there so they can clean this one. I want the germs GONE. EEK!...

Anyways... thought I'd check in. Oh, my computer at home is infected wtih some crazy virus...great..... and I can't even turn the thing on. It goes CRAZY... it opens up every program I have and opens up about 60 internet exployer windows. It's nuts! So.. I need to take the thing in to some computer shop when I get home. I'm using Chelcey's now.....

Hoping my cat has enough food to get him through until we come home. I poured a TON of food for him, but... I did this last time [the cat is a pig.. lol] and when we got home not one single morsel was left, so.. he's probally starving to death.

Okay.. need to get off of here and straighten up this room. My head hurts.... I had the WORST headache yesterday, but I think it was sinus'... man, lets hope!

Talk to you soon!

No comments: