Thursday, April 16, 2009

Burst of energy...

I've been (really) behind on my sleep lately. I've been staying up late (researching Gardasil to try to help my cousin), and then getting up early! My body has been dragging. WELL, yesterday I was a lazy bum! I got the girls off to school, sat down in the chair with my laptop on my lap, reading gut-wrenching info on Gardasil, the next thing I know... I fell asleep. I woke up about 45min. later, put my computer on the floor, covered up with a blanket and didn't wake up until 1:20pm. I MUST HAVE BEEN TIERD! I had to laugh because Sadie, my cat, was on my lap when I woke up. I woke him up when I woke up on accident and we *both* stretched at the same exact time. It was classic :) LOL...

So, because of my "power nap", as my Mom likes to call them, I was rearing to go! When I got home from picking up the girls from school I was on my feet from 3:30-10:30pm. Between cooking, cleaning, FOLDING & PUTTING LAUNDRY AWAY (this is HUGE for me!), I had a *very* productive night! I've had laundry (clean, but what does that matter?) PILED in my laundry room that needed to be folded and put away for at least 1.5wk. It was insane. You know how clothes overwhelm me? Well, no different in the laundry room... that's probably why that room is the most avoided in the house. Sure, I'll put laundry in and WASH it, but from there.... it gets put in the laundry baskets. Pretty sad when your kids are looking for socks or something, they head to the laundry room. BAD, BAD I know. :) WELL, last night I went in and tackled it all! Well, not *all*.. I did about 2 more loads last night of which, now need to be folded/put away (great....). BUT.. my girls closets are now stuffed to the rim, their drawers are full, and I can actually breath a little bit better when walking into the laundry room. My house is clean (well, except my bathroom.. need to scrub & mop the floor), but other than that... it's enough to make me relax! I have SUCH a love/hate relationship with clothes. I sure do love shopping for them, but man.. the maintenance of keeping up with them in a household of 7 is enough to drive a woman mad!

OK, need to hop in the shower and then head to Curves. Can you believe that I signed up what? 2 weeks ago and I have still yet to go for my first appointment? I know, pathetic! They want you to set up an appointment for your first 3 visits, then you can go on your own. I don't do good with schedules.. I like to just go at my own beat, ya know? (I'm late to everything!), so... this has made me avoid it. So, I don't even care today! I'm setting my own rules, going to go shower and then work out! It's not like I don't know how to use the machines for crying out loud, I use to workout there all the time. SO.. we'll see what they say when I show up! :) My motivation? I saw 5-6 high school girls running yesterday and it made me wish I didn't have legs that jiggled when *I* ran :) LOL.. so, I figured the only way to get there is to get off the computer, get off my butt, and just GO! Besides, there's this 80 year old man (I kid you not!) that runs EVERY SINGLE DAY around the track across from the girls school. I see him everyday... I don't even know how he runs, but man--- he's a manic! Chelcey laughs at me everyday because I always say "Man, there he is again, I wish I had *his* energy!".. Could it be that he HAS energy because he actually is ACTIVE? Hm-mm... funny how that works!!!! LOL... So, I figure I can 1) Sit around, or take a nap (lol) and stay flabby or 2) Get off the 'ole bootay, shower, and go work out in hopes SOME of this flab disappears. Hm-mm... tough one! (just kidding!)...

I'm gone!!!!
See ya!!!!!


PS: My cousin is in MN right now at the Mayo Clinic. Please keep her in your prayers that *something* in the tests show up to help them reverse what is happening to her! Her name is Steffanee.... please pray for wisdom/insight for the doctors, and pray for not only healing but for strength for Steff and her family! THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!

No comments: