Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Pictures...

Hey guys,

Sorry I've been such a slacker lately in uploading the pictures from Easter! The girls had a really nice Easter. We had Good Friday Service, did communion a little different this time. Each family grouped together and we all did communion together, on our own. It was really nice. Sunday was nice- church was packed, which it usually is for Easter. Every child got a stuffed Easter Basket after service, so the kids were bouncing off the walls! :) The girls got their Easter Baskets and goodies before church, so they were loving it! Me? All that candy/chocolate? Not so much... like any kid, they don't know self control and would have ate the chocolate ALL DAY if I would have let them.

Funny story: stupid me thought it was a good idea to keep the Easter goodie bags that I had bought on Friday in the car so the girls couldn't find them. Um, not a good idea! I had to babysit Drew on Saturday, so I didn't go out to the car until almost 5pm that evening. Well, cute, floppy eared chocolate BUNNY was FLAT. He had melted. I only bought 4 (Chelc went with me and didn't want one.. lol), so there were 3 left. Our neighbor, Scott, came over to talk to me and I showed him the melted bunny and he lost it-- cracked up SO bad. I *have* to take a picture of the little guy (yes, I still have him- we hide him up high above the fridge so the girls wouldn't see him). Well, I moved all the Easter stuff into the garage. It's usually really cold in there, so it *seemed* like a good idea. (ugh-hem!... That night, when D and I were bringing in all the Easter stuff to set it up for the morning, guess what happened to bunny #2? YEP.. how ever did you guess? ANOTHER bunny bites the dust! The little sucker MELTED. Everything else was *fine*.. not even the slightest bit warm, but the darn bunny guy just couldn't hang. Since it was 1am when we were setting everything out, we just decided to put out 2 bunnies and let them share. Not a big deal for them, heck.. the bunnies STILL are in the cabinet and haven't been touched (too much other candy to consume, I guess.. ). LOL. So, $6 wasted. At least next year I will know to go with the *small* $1 bunnies. Funny stuff. :)

Here are a few pictures I got of the girls before they changed clothes :)

All 5 of them..
Photobucket

Courtney with the little ones..
Photobucket

Court (who wears make-up now and curls her hair.. who would have thought? :) LOL)
Photobucket

Aspen (ham!) and Savannah, who looks like she's going to the bathroom (lol)...
Photobucket

My birthday girl!!! Can't beleive that she's now *16*... how's THAT for making ya feel old?
Photobucket

Sis
Photobucket

Addi was having issues because she wanted to wear her new flip flops to Aunt Sue-Sue's and it was *cold*, so I said no, we're going to wear tennis shoes (they were going to be hunting for Easter eggs for crying out loud- in mud, nonetheless, but.. she's 6 and was *Set* on the darn flip flips. So... that's why she was pouting. Of course, do you have to ask what she ended up wearing there? Yea, didn't think so. Flip flops... *but*... I made her take her tennis shoes so she could change into them before the played outside. Good compromise, Mom! :)

the "very loved" flip flops were a hit! Here are the ones they got in their Easter Baskets :)



Photobucket

Photobucket

Addi w/ her new webkinz "ellie" :)
Photobucket

Courtney and Chelcey
Photobucket

Another one of Courtney
Photobucket


After church, we came home- enjoyed a little down time with the girls, changed clothes, then headed over to Susan's (D's sister) and their dads house for a Easter egg hunt and brunch.

Aspen and the little ones
Photobucket

Sissy who refused to wear a jacket..the punk! It was *cold*
Photobucket

Court and Chelc
Photobucket

Addi
Photobucket

Savannah
Photobucket

Chelcey I think has pretty much decided to keep looking for another car. D test drove the one that she wanted and the passenger side window doesn't roll down, it made a really strange noise when you first started it. She kept saying she didn't care, that it was SOOOO CUTE, it was her *dream car*. :) But, then I think I convinced her that there are *plenty* of cute "more reliable, LESS MILEAGE* cars out there. We have 5-6 months to find "the car", so... I think she was okay. :) She went shopping and out to eat with a few friends on Monday and had a good time! She is going out to dinner on Thursday with 5 other friends (some go to other schools), so she's looking forward to that. THEN, Saturday is "Thunder over Louisville", the kick off to the KY Derby, so she works that day, and then I'm letting her spend the night with Carson & they are going to Thunder with Carson's parents. She's still grounded (but)... I thought since it was her birthday... I can bend the rules. :)

No comments: