Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Why We Have So Much and Enjoy So Little

So, as I'm working on D's thingie-ma-bob, I had Chip Ingram's sermon, "Why We Have So Much and Enjoy So Little" playing in the background. GOOD STUFF. It's all about the competitive world that we live in. How once you have the things that you want, you always tend to want more. How it's a vicious cycle in our world today to always think we need "more" to fulfill us.

He talked about how we as people tend to live in the "when and then" mode.. how "WHEN I lose that 10lbs, then I'll be happy" or "WHEN I get that new car, then I will be happy".. etc. etc. It goes on saying how we tend to compete with everything that we see, it's human nature and he teaches you how to be happy with what God has given you. It's REALLY good.... we are all so very blessed in what we have been given. I had to look at myself, because he talked about how instead of being happy with the house that you DO have, we as people tend to always say, "I'll be happier when my kitchen is remodeled, or this is fixed or that is fixed".. and I had to chuckle. YES, we are all human... but his sermon makes you step back, take a look around, and realize that God has blessed us all in how much or how little we have. How we should be thankful that we live in the country that we live and have a car to drive, have food on the table, etc.. GOOD STUFF. It's about an hour long, and you can simply hit "play" and surf the net as you normally would. I promise it will be worth it. I really enjoy listening to Chip Ingram-- I like his personality and his "realness" that he shares.

Maybe you're not a Christian, maybe you're still trying to figure it all out. That's okay, I promise you will enjoy this. He doesn't shove anything down your throat, it's very "real life" stuff that makes you sit back, take it all in, and helps you re-evalute your life. He's good. He doesn't bite, I promise... you might be surprised at how much you get out of him, really. :)

I hope you'll listen. :)
Mosey on over... GOOD STUFF.. just click here!

No comments: