Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Few home changes...

So, I've been in a "want to decorate" my house mood lately and as you know, finally got around [after 3 years, mind you...] to FINALLY buying curtains for my kitchen- the deck doors. So, here's the reveal :) actually, it makes the whole room look totally different! It's amazing what a simple thing like curtains can do to a room. We also scored some new kitchen table chairs [which I love, btw- leather which wipes up SO awesome!] Before, we had these scroungy wood chairs that had seen a better day. The kids had paint on them, half of them had broke (we were down to 4 chairs people!), and they didn't even match our table. We enjoy eating together and we just couldn't do it anymore. Plus, it's a little embarrassing when you have people over for BBQ's and there's not enough seating. SO- we scored these for just $345- a STEAL of a deal- you know me, always looking for the sales. :)

Here's the deck windows before...(which were compleltey naked since we moved in, 3 years ago!)


and, the after....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and, we found these awesome pillows that tie in all the colors since our family room & kitchen is just one big open space. So, adding 4 pillows in our family room (2 on each couch, love seat) really tie in all the colors.

Photobucket

So, we're getting there, just a little at a time. I'm on a mission, so I'll snap photos as I add new things. I have some things to add to the girls room which I may try to get to today. The tulle, the paper lanterns, the butterflies, and I have fabric that I want to sew into pillows for each of their beds. My goal is to have it all done by the end of this week, so... that's my challenge to myself. :) I'll share once I get it done. Shoudln't take that long, just have to force myself to do it. :) lol

No comments: