Monday, April 26, 2010

Really, it's Monday already?

Waking up to a gloomy, cloudy, wet day is not a way to wake up perky & engerized. Oh no. It was TOUGH getting out of bed this morning, and my children? Oh, they will agree... no one wanted to budge. Traffic was backed up on the interstate insanely, so... needless to say, ONE of my children had to be late to school and, that child would be Savannah. Hey, don't act like it's never happened to you. :)

I'm bummed though because I have been in such a good zone with walking/running around the track lately. I have been LOVING it.. not only does it make me feel good physcially, but man it clears my mind and ya have to admit... that runners high? Awwh.. pure bliss. Nothing quite like it.. you can just feel those endorphins rushing through your veins... LOVE it. However, this stupid weather has not allowed me to DO it in oh, 5 days now... yes, yes... I could very easily go in there, throw myself together & hit a 10am workout class at Southeast.. but, do I LOOK like I have that kind of engery? Yeah... good thinking! It's suppose to clear up on Weds., so hopefully I can get back into the swing of things. It just makes me feel so good!

Tommorow I am going to a wildlife preserve on a field trip with Aspen's class. We apparrently get to pet a hedgehog, so I've been told, numourus times might I add. I think Aspen is quite excited about it. :) Should be fun...

I heard from my brother last night, first time in ages... and he and some friends (um, 5 of them to be exact) are thinking about driving down for the KY Derby this weekend and need a place to crash. The entire town of Louisivlle sells out (hotels).. it's a big deal. And well, we have the basement, so it's not a problem.. but man... now that means I need to clean. And Declutter. And organize. And, well.. you get the idea. In case you don't know, the KY Derby around here is BIG. Huge. I mean, like THE thing of the year. Everyone and their grandma comes in for this event... us? No, we have never been before. The place gets CRAZY, I tell ya. We watched the 2 minute horse race on TV, my husband will bet and lose money, so.. if we can do that from our living room while BBQing & kicking back AVOIDING all those crazy drunk people and crowds, umm.. yea.. we'll take it. I'm just not a crowd person, never have been. Too many people just wig me out.... I like home. :) I guess I've always been a little homebody. ANYWAYS.. I'll find out today if they are for sure coming. I don't know any of them, well.. except for the brother, but hey.. what kind of sister would I be if I didn't offer some Southern Hospitality? :)

Ok, I'm off to clean up my kitchen. I cook my children a hot breakfast almost every morning before school. Yes, I'm a freak... I use to just plop some cereal in a bowl & call it a day. I started the whole hot breakfast gig at the beginning of this year and it just stuck. They love it, it's really no problem for me at all... just makes me do more dishes, and oh well.. I LOVE to do dishes (little humor there, you honestly didn't think I was being serious, did you?).. and well, it's healthier. Nothing like gettng jacked up on sugar in the morning before school, just to probally crash a few hours later, ya know? So.. I beef the kids up with protein. Sometimes we'll alternate with fresh smoothies, but I've been trying to keep it as "non-sugary" as possible in the mornings. Anyways.. my kitchen is a mess and if I don't get up & start cleaning, my eyes will keep on drifting away into a world that I wish I could visit...yeah, sleepland. Aspen always tends to think that I go back to sleep when I get home. Yeah right.. I WISH. However, I WILL enjoy one of my guilty pleasures today, after the dishes are done, of course.... and that would be catching up on the last episodes of 90210 & Melrose Place. I know, right? These shows are my guilty pleasure... I would never watch them around the kids due to the content (except for Chelcey because well, the kid is 17.. not 7 :))... so, anyways.. I'm off. Enjoy your day. :)

No comments: