Sunday, June 3, 2012

For the Love of Spray Paint...

My husband must have some kind of inside joke with himself about my obsession with spray paint, I can see it all over his face. Everytime I bust out the spray paint & walk outside he always has this smirk on his face and then pipes up, "Spray painting, again?" Pfft, you know it, buddy!

Today was no exception. Only this time, while I was spray painting, homie (that would be my husband) asked to use one of my spray paint cans so he could spray the yard where the pool is going to go, to get a better visual of it. This was hard for me. It made me realize that I must have some sick attachment disorder with spray paint, because sister didn't want him to waste it. First, he picked up my favorite blue color...."No, not that one!" He kind of rolled his eyes, went back inside and then came back out with my green. "Really? That one? Can you find one that isn't colorful, maybe?" His response was something on the lines of, "Seriously? Can you not just go buy another can?"... "Yeah, but do I really want to go to Lowe's tomorrow if I don't have to?"... so, we settled. He used the white. Compromise is a beautiful thing, don't ya think?

I've had this little white bench in my garage for a good 3 years, at least. I found this little sucker at Goodwill for $4.00, and I knew that it had potential. When I bought it, I was feeling inspired and was planning on sewing Courtney a new "boutique-style" bedding set that I saw online that I just had to make! I went out & purchased all the fabric, but.. got way over my head and ended up bagging the idea. This bench was going to be re-painted, and I was going to use the fabric, which would have matched the rest of her bedroom, on the seating area. So, since the idea was just that... an idea... this little bench has been waiting on me ever since. Well, today was the day!

Here she was before....

and, here she is AFTER.

I distressed her by slopping brown acrylic paint all over her...

then, I spray painted her with ivory paint, waited for it to dry... then used sand paper so the finish would look like this:

I was planning on covering the cushion with burlap (another obsession as of late), and then keeping up with my vintage-y theme in my craft room by adding ivory lace around the bottom. But, I was feeling a little more spunky today and decided to embrace PINK pom-poms instead. :) So so cute!



I transformed these drab candlesticks from Goodwill ($2/ea)....



into these colorful little cuties:


A few days I started on a few other little projects (coming soon).. and this was one of them: I changed this...

into this....

and, I'm in the process of changing this little beauty, too:

We have lots of other "painting projects" in the works over here, you have no idea! So, stay tuned! :) I'm having a blast with it & hope to have a few more things to share with you over the next few days.

I also added a few new things to our family room this past week which I will be sharing with you as well. It's amazing what a few little additions can do to a room. So, be sure to check back soon, ok?









No comments: